TERMS OF SERVICE -- IMMERSIVE DENTAL SYSTEMS, LLC
These Terms of Service (this “Agreement”) set forth the terms and conditions upon which Immersive Dental Systems, LLC, an Arizona Limited Liability Company (“Company,” “we,” or “us”) will provide access to and allow the use of certain services and products available on or through its websites, desktop applications, virtual reality applications, augmented reality applications, mixed reality applications and/or mobile applications (collectively, the “Services”) to you, a user of the Services (“you” or “User”). You should read this Agreement carefully. By indicating acceptance of this Agreement or by otherwise using the Services, you are entering into a legally binding agreement with us (and you hereby represent that you are of legal age, and are otherwise fully able and competent, to enter into a binding agreement). If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you must not use the Services.
THIS AGREEMENT CREATES A BINDING LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND COMPANY. PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY.
1. Nature of the Service. (A) General. The Services allow Users to access certain information or other content (which may include data, text, images or other materials or content) that is designed to be used solely for educational and training purposes as part of accredited degree programs (the “Specified Purpose”). The Services may include products that are designed to assist with education and training, including but not limited to dental radiography (the taking of dental x-rays) and dental local anesthesia.
(B) Educational Disclaimer. You understand and agree that the Services provide educational and training information that is intended to complement accredited educational degree programs; that the Services should only be used at the direction of and with the approval of qualified instructors in those programs; that you should follow the direction of those qualified instructors; and that, to the extent any information provided as part of the Services is contrary to or inconsistent with any guidance or direction provided by those instructors, you should follow the guidance of your instructors.
(C) No Medical or Clinical Services. THE COMPANY IS NOT A PROVIDER OF MEDICAL OR DENTAL SERVICES AND DOES NOT PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL, DENTAL OR CLINICAL SERVICES OR ADVICE. THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY DO NOT CONTAIN OR CONSTITUTE, AND SHOULD NOT BE INTERPRETED AS, MEDICAL, DENTAL OR CLINICAL ADVICE OR OPINIONS.
(D) Children. The Services are not directed to and should not be accessed or used by users under the age of 13. The Services do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to register as a User or to send personal information to Company.
2. Registration; Limitations on Use. (A) In order to use the Services, you may be required to provide us with your information, which may include first name, last name, title, name of organization, email address, and telephone number, create a password and register with us. To the extent you are using the Services on behalf of an organization, you may need to also provide us with information in order to confirm, or permit us to confirm, any relationship between you and such organization. We may also request additional information from you. You represent and warrant to us that you will provide us with accurate, current and complete registration information. You are responsible for your registration, and for all use of the Services using any User credentials or passwords issued to you or chosen by you.
(B) If you are a dental educational institution to which the Company has provided an activation code or an educator or student at such an institution, you may use that code to access the Services in connection with your teaching responsibilities in the case of educators or as part of your course work in the case of students. You may not share that code or access to the Services with any person or entity outside of your school.
(C) You agree and warrant that your access to the Services is for educational purposes only and that, except allowed in subsection (B) above, you will not charge others for any use of or access to the Services and will not attempt to sub-license or otherwise commercially exploit or profit from the Services. If you have not been provided with an access code and are required to create an account to access the Services, any account you create, including your username and password, is for your personal, individual use only and may not be used by any other individual or entity. You agree to maintain as confidential all credentials and passwords that allow you access to the Services and that you will not provide those credentials to any other person or otherwise facilitate their access to the Services unless the Company authorizes you in writing to do so. If you permit any other person or individual to use your access to the Services you will be in breach of this Agreement and, at a minimum, your limited license to use the Services will be terminated.
3. Fees and Orders. The Services, or certain features of the Services, may be available only if certain subscription fees or other fees (collectively, “Fees”) are paid by you, or for your benefit (e.g., we may permit a third-party to pay certain Fees for your benefit). If you purchase any subscription plan for the Services or certain features of the Services, you must pay any applicable Fees, a schedule of which will be provided before fees are charged. You will provide us with accurate and valid credit card or other payment information and update your credit card or other payment information in the event any information provided becomes invalid or incomplete. If any charge is rejected by our bank or payment providers, you are still liable to pay the Fees. We retain the right to charge interest on any overdue balance at the rate of 1.5% per month, or the maximum amount permitted by law (if lower). You will also be responsible for our reasonable costs of collection, including attorney’s fees, if we deem it necessary to take any legal or administrative action to collect unpaid Fees. We reserve the right to accept, refuse or cancel any orders placed through the Services, without liability or justification. We will refund you in case your order was cancelled by us after your credit card or other payment method has been charged.
4. User Content. (A) You retain your rights in Your Content, subject to the rights granted below and our rights in Our Property as explained below. You hereby grant and agree to grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully-paid, transferable license, with the right to sublicense through multiple tiers, to copy, edit, modify, adapt, publish, transmit, distribute, prepare derivative works, perform, display, use, and otherwise exploit in any manner, Your Content in connection with operation and promotion of the Services and any other purposes reasonably related to the Services or our business. To the extent reasonably necessary or appropriate to effect or support the license granted by you above, you hereby waive and agree to waive (or if not waivable, agree not to assert) any rights of privacy or publicity, or any moral rights or other similar rights, with respect to Your Content.
(B) You agree that we are not responsible for any use or disclosure of Your Content by other Users or any third party who gains access to it through the Services (which may include unintended activities by third parties, such as by hackers).
(C) You represent and warrant that you own all proprietary rights in Your Content or, with respect to any of Your Content you do not own, that you have the full authority and right to create, upload, store and/or transmit Your Content, and to grant the licenses and rights you have granted in this Agreement, and that your creation, uploading, storage and/or transmission of Your Content, and the exercise by us and other Users of the licenses and rights granted by you herein, shall not infringe any third party intellectual property or proprietary rights, nor violate any rights of privacy or publicity, nor be defamatory, libelous, vulgar, profane or obscene, nor violate any law or other right, privilege or interest of any third party.
(E) On termination of your account, or this Agreement, we have no obligation to return any User Content to you, so you should retain copies of all of Your Content.
5. Our Ownership Rights. (A) The Services, including all aspects of the Company websites and applications (including Our Property, as defined below), is the property of, and owned by, Company and its licensors. All the software, algorithms, functionality, inventions, concepts, text, images, sound, music, videos, marks, logos, compilations, content and technology used to deliver the Services or otherwise embodied in or displayed through the Services are “Our Property.” For clarity, any questions, formats, templates, methodologies, rules, algorithms and software used to create Your Content are Our Property. Except as otherwise expressly permitted by this Agreement, any use, copying, making derivative works, transmitting, posting, linking, deep linking, framing, redistribution, sale, decompilation, modification, reverse engineering, translation or disassembly of Our Property is prohibited. You acknowledge that Our Property has been created, compiled, developed and maintained by us at great expense of time and money such that misappropriation or unauthorized disclosure or use of Our Property by others for commercial gain would unfairly and irreparably harm us in a manner for which damages would not be an adequate remedy, and you consent to our obtaining injunctive relief to restrain any breach or threatened breach of this Agreement, without any requirement to post bond. You may be subject to criminal or civil penalties for violation of this paragraph.
(B) Subject to the terms and conditions herein, we grant you a non-exclusive, limited, revocable right to access and use Our Property solely to the extent necessary for you to use the Services for your own Specified Purpose (as defined above), as permitted by this Agreement. We reserve all other rights. For clarity and without limiting other obligations herein, Users shall not distribute or otherwise commercialize Our Property.
(B) Subject to the terms and conditions herein, you are permitted to use the Services solely for the Specified Purpose (as defined above).
(C) You agree that you will not (a) create, upload or transmit Your Content if you do not have the right to do so; (b) create, upload or transmit Your Content or use the Services in any way that would violate any law or the rights of any person; (c) impersonate any person or entity, or forge or manipulate headers to disguise the origin of any of Your Content; (d) except as otherwise expressly permitted by this Agreement, harvest or otherwise collect information about others from the Services ; (e) take any action that imposes or may impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Services or its infrastructure, or bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to any portion of the Services (or other accounts, networks or services connected thereto); (f) use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl”, “scrape” or “spider” any of the Services or otherwise to copy, obtain, propagate, distribute or misappropriate any information or other content from the Services, including any of Our Property; (g) distribute or otherwise make available any information or other content obtained through the Services to any third party, except as expressly permitted herein; (h) otherwise interfere in any manner with the use or operation of the Services; or (i) use the Services in the development, directly or indirectly, of any product, software or service that offers any functionality substantially similar to, or competitive with, the Services .
(D) You agree that Your Content must not: (i) be libelous, vulgar, defamatory, threatening, abusive, scandalous, obscene, pornographic or unlawful or encourage a criminal offense; (ii) contain material from other copyrighted works without the written consent of the owner of such copyrighted material; (iii) infringe any copyright or violate any property rights, rights of privacy or publicity, or any other rights of any third party; (iv) contain any software viruses, malware, spyware or any other code, file or program that is designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment; or (v) except as otherwise expressly permitted by us in writing, contain any advertising, promotional, solicitation or other commercial material. We reserve the right (but are under no obligation) to investigate any claim that User Content or use of the Services does not conform to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and to remove User Content from the Services or terminate your account for breach of this Agreement.
7. Feedback. If you provide to us (directly or indirectly, and by any means) any comments, feedback, suggestions, ideas, or other submissions related to the Services (collectively “Feedback”), the Feedback will be the sole property of Company. We will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, publish, distribute, and otherwise exploit in any manner, all Feedback, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. We are and shall be under no obligation to maintain any Feedback in confidence, or to respond to any Feedback.
8. Warranty Disclaimer and Limitations of Liability. (A) THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITH NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING: (i) ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, AND ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE; (ii) THAT THE SERVICES OR OUR PROPERTY WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, WILL ALWAYS BE AVAILABLE, ACCESSIBLE, UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR OPERATE WITHOUT ERROR; AND (iii) AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICES OR OUR PROPERTY. We may pause, interrupt or terminate the Services at any time. You should expect periodic downtime for updates to the Services. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us or through the Services will create any other warranty.
(B) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER FROM US ANY DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE OR KIND, INCLUDING ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE OR SPECIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF DATA, OR LOSS OF USE), WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE SERVICES OR OUR PROPERTY, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT UNDER THIS AGREEMENT YOU HAVE AGREED TO WAIVE AND RELEASE US FROM ANY CLAIM FOR DAMAGES OR OTHER INJURY.
10. Indemnification. You agree to defend and indemnify us, and our licensors, providers and agents, against any and all claims, actions, proceedings, suits, liabilities, losses, damages, costs, expenses and attorneys’ fees (“Liabilities”) arising out of or related to your breach of this Agreement or your use of the Services. We reserve the right to assume the sole control of the defense and settlement of any claim, action, suit or proceeding for which you are obliged to indemnify us. You will cooperate with us with respect to such defense and settlement. Without limitation of the foregoing, if we receive a subpoena or similar requirement to disclose Your Content issued by any court or governmental authority, and we are not a party to the proceeding in question, you will reimburse us for our reasonable costs and expenses of complying with such subpoena, including time spent by our personnel and our attorneys at time and materials rates.
12. Suspension and
Termination. You may terminate this Agreement at any time by closing your
account and ceasing to use the Services. We reserve the right to suspend your
account and/or access to the Services at any time if we believe you are in
breach of this Agreement. We reserve the right to terminate this Agreement or
to cease to offer the Services at any time on written notice to you (including
by email to registered Users or posting on our website or mobile or desktop applications),
for any reason or no reason. If your account is terminated for any reason or
no reason, you agree: (a) to continue to be bound by this Agreement, (b) to
immediately stop using the Services, (c) that the license and rights provided
by us under this Agreement shall end, (d) that we reserve the right (but have
no obligation) to delete all of Your Content, and (e) that we shall not be
liable to you, or any third party, for compensation, reimbursement, or damages
in connection with your use of the Services or for termination of access to
Sections 1(B), 5, 7-10, and
12-19, any accrued obligations and remedies hereunder, and any other provisions
that by their nature should reasonably survive, shall survive the termination
or expiration of this Agreement.
13. Modification of Services and Agreement. We reserve the right at any time to modify the Services or to terminate the Services completely, and to do so without notice to you. Your also understand and agree that We have the right to amend this Agreement prospectively. If we do so, we will notify you by email (for registered Users) or by posting on our website or mobile or desktop applications. You are responsible to check our website for any such changes and if you do not accept them should refrain from further use of the Services and terminate your account. You agree that your continued use of the Services constitutes your agreement to any such amendments to this Agreement. Except as set forth above, this Agreement may be amended or modified only by an express writing provided by Company.
14. Applicable Law and Exclusive Jurisdiction for Disputes. You and we each agree that all disputes or other matters arising from or relating to this Agreement, or the use or operation of the Services, will be governed by the substantive laws of the State of Arizona, U.S.A., without regard to its or any other jurisdiction’s conflicts of laws principles that would apply another law, and that all claims will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the State of Arizona located in Coconino County, Arizona. Any action or proceeding by you relating to any claim arising from or relating to the Services or this Agreement must commence within the shorter of the applicable statute of limitations or one year after the cause of action has accrued.
15. Force Majeure. In no event will we be liable for any failure to provide the Services or comply with this Agreement to the extent that such failure is caused by or arises from factors outside our reasonable control. Without limitation of the foregoing, we will not be liable for any damages arising from the acts of hackers or similar bad actors interfering with the Services or using or disclosing any of Your Content.
16. Compliance with Laws. You will comply with all laws and regulations applicable to your activities under or in connection with this Agreement, including without limitation United States export control laws, regulations and executive orders.
17. Geography. We are based in the United States. We provide the Services for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Services or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Services may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Services from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
18. General Provisions. No delay or omission by us in exercising any of our rights occurring upon any noncompliance or default by you with respect to any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement will impair any such right or be construed to be a waiver thereof, and a waiver by us of any of the covenants, conditions or agreements to be performed by you will not be construed to be a waiver of any succeeding breach thereof or of any other covenant, condition or agreement herein. No waiver will be binding on us unless made in an express writing signed by us. If any provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, then all other provisions of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect and this Agreement will be deemed reformed to be valid and enforceable while reflecting the intent of the parties to the greatest extent permitted by law. Except as otherwise expressly provided herein, this Agreement sets forth the entire agreement between us and you regarding its subject matter, and supersedes all prior promises, agreements or representations, whether written or oral, regarding such subject matter. Your registration, this Agreement and your rights and obligations hereunder are not assignable, or otherwise transferable or delegable, by you to any third-party without our prior written consent in our sole discretion. Any purported assignment, transfer or delegation without such consent will be null and void. We may assign or otherwise transfer or delegate this Agreement (including any rights or obligations hereunder), including to any purchaser of our business, from time-to-time in our sole discretion. This Agreement will be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties’ successors and permitted assigns. This Agreement may be executed electronically, and your electronic assent or use of the Services shall constitute execution of this Agreement. You agree that the electronic text of this Agreement constitutes a writing and your assent to the terms and conditions hereof constitutes a “signing” for all purposes. As used herein and unless the intent is expressly otherwise in a specific instance, the terms “include,” “includes” or “including” shall not be limiting and “or” shall not be exclusive. Any section headings herein are for convenience only and do not form a part of, and will not be used in the interpretation of, the substantive provisions of this Agreement. There shall be no third-party beneficiaries to this Agreement.
Version: January 7, 2021